Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Clay Shirky on TED

I have only been reading Clay Shirky's blog for a few months now, but I am learning that he is a visionary that makes many cognitive connections between society and social media. I don't care who you are or what you do he is a MUST read in my book. This video was posted at the TED website today, and watching it evokes many emotions in me - namely excitement and anxiety. Excitement because it helps me see the possibilities of the present and the immediate future, and anxiety because I feel that I am very far behind the curve on all of this stuff (I am trying vigorously to catch up).

Shirky quote: "The moment we are living through, the moment our historical generation is living through, is (experiencing) the largest increase in expressive capability in human history."



No comments:

Post a Comment